Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Vintner, a Songwriter and a Photographer Walk Into a Winery...

So the reason I didn't blog last week is because I was working so hard! Pictures to edit! Sessions to book! Albums to design! And besides all that I did have to find time to do all the extras like...shower and eat and occasionally brush my teeth. 

This blog represents the first of a whole batch of blogs coming your way, and I'm pretty excited about this one!

So without further ado, welcome to Pilot Knob Vineyard's new tasting room!



The vineyard has been around a little longer, but they just opened the tasting room this past summer. It's waaaay out in the country - surrounded by Texas Hills that are all quiet and gorgeous...super pleasant setting.

The guys have all sorts of events coming up (Halloween at a winery, anyone?) and every Saturday they have live music. The week I was there, I got to hear Lacee Sills:



I looooved her voice! (You can hear it here: http://www.reverbnation.com/laceesills) I think it goes pretty well with wine. (Also, she writes some of her own songs. She's the songwriter from the weirdo title of this post! No punch line, sorry, that's just how my brain works.)

 

Speaking of wine, I don't really know much about it, but I thought theirs was pretty tasty. Apparently other people do too, since it's already won some awards. (Hence the medals on the bottles above.)


So...why did I take pictures of Pilot Knob Vineyard? Because their gorgeous new tasting room is open for weddings...and seeing as how I happen to be a wedding photographer, I thought I'd introduce myself. (Book your wedding here....and then hire me to photograph it! I'm already familiar with the venue!)

But seriously, it would be such a great little spot for a wedding - all warm colors, wrap-around porches, Hill Country views and natural light! Here's where you can find out more:

www.pilotknobvineyard.com


Thanks Pilot Knob! We'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Will make it out there someday and try that good wine! Gaby

    ReplyDelete