Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ernest...errrr...Brandi Makes a Pie

Brandi and I both decided we wanted to make a pie for Thanksgiving this year. We've never really made pies before, so I thought I should take pictures. My instincts were correct.

Brandi made the Pioneer Woman's creamy apple pie.

She started out trying to peel apples.
Mom peeled 4 apples before Brandi had finished one.

This is not just a regular apple pie, so there was some other stuff to mix the apples with for the filling.

Then we rolled out the crust. Well, Brandi rolled out the crust while I laughed and took pictures.

If you'll notice, this crust is not shaped like a pie yet. I don't know if it was the crust or the..uh..the piemaker, but it took some finagling.

It was unclear at this point whether any amount of finagling was going to help this attempt at a pie.


She just mushed it around until it filled the dish. It worked out okay.


But ya know what? For all trouble she had getting it made, that pie was DELICIOUS!

In fact, Daddy just got into some leftovers and said, "I wish I could have some more of that salad." Mom said, "What salad?" Daddy, "Apple pie."

It's clear that Daddy is not used to sugar anymore. He's like a 4 year old that ate 3 bowls of Fruit Loops for breakfast.

We ended up with 4 pies! Brandi's apple pie, my chocolate pecan pie, Momma's sugar-free pecan pie (for Daddy), and the pumpkin pie that Michael requested (that one was frozen).


This picture makes me wish I had a big enough windowsill to cool a pie on.

5 comments:

  1. Um, excuse me? Mom only peeled THREE apples in the time it took me to peel one. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'll look at that first picture again, there are FOUR peeled apples sitting around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I peeled one of those! I peeled one while Mom peeled three, and then I started on a fifth, which is when this photo was taken. I demand a correction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I object to my treatment here. Who's your manager? I want to file a complaint!! Can I get a witness?!?

    ReplyDelete