Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Willie Show

Okay - so now I can tell you! I didn't want to say anything before, 'cause I just couldn't quite believe that it was happening! 

I got to shoot the Willie Nelson concert last weekend! I photographed it for KOKE and they have all the photos on their website. You can see them all here

There's a ton of them! Drew Womack played at the VIP pre-show: 

Michael came with me to tote my stuff, and when we walked in he said, "Is that Bob?" And glanced out of the corner of my eye just briefly, saw the guy in the middle: 

and said, "phhth! NO!" But then I looked again and said, "Oh my goodness!" Indeed. That is Bob. Dressed up as the Roadhog. Oh Bob. Alright, mighty fine!

Looks like everybody was having a good time! 

It was a Willie and Family show, so his daughters opened up for him: 

 Okay, the ladies on the bottom right aren't his daughters. They're just adorable and they rounded out that collage nicely. Can you see the braids? They're wearing Willie braids! 

Roadhog had a few things to say before Willie came on; mostly thanks! 

And finally, the big show! Again, there are a ton of shots here, but here are a couple of my favorites. 


Yes, that first pic is Willie Nelson smiling at me. He waved at me later. We're, like, friends now.



4 comments:

  1. Doodle, I LOVE that black & white picture !

    So, to the lady in the refreshment line who told me that Bob was a made up person ... there he is, in the flesh (disguised as Roadhog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we got to go, I can say that it was a VERY GOOD concert. A beautiful Austin night, not hot at all, which is amazing for August. And the music was awesome. I haven't seen Willie in concert in over twenty years and he is still as good as ever! If you haven't ever seen him, you need too! And you got some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. I kinda wish I'd gone! But I really needed the weekend at home. So you'll just have to be sure and shoot another one so that I get another chance, OK? Or since y'all are friends now and all, maybe you could get me an invite out to his ranch? That'd be OK, too, if he's tired or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni, this is awesome! That black and white photo is classic. How in the world did you get this gig?

    ReplyDelete