Friday, January 7, 2011

Let's Take a Vote

Okay - so Brandi got me a very cute ruffled shirt and a sweater to go over it for Christmas.

But I wasn't smart enough to figure out the ruffle.

So I exchanged it for this shirt:

Kept the sweater. It's navy blue.

So my question is: can I wear it with these pants or does it look weird? The pattern is a sherbert-y shade of orange and, like, the exact same color khaki as those pants. What do you think? Does it look okay?

Also, it took a surprisingly long time to get a good picture of me in those pants. I thought I liked them...

Also, I have some really good Banana Republic coupons that I have vowed not to allow myself to use if anyone is interested.

I will NOT go shopping today...I will NOT go shopping today...

9 comments:

  1. Mmm. I'm not sure. What about with ... um ... I think the manequin had the other orange shirt with maybe dark gray jeans? Could you wear it with navy pants, maybe? I don't know. That's hard. You should go shopping today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, obviously jeans would be OK, but I'm guessing your looking for a way to wear it to work?
    (Also, on that last comment, the prove I'm a human word was Grampu.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm wanting to wear it to work. i would like to have some, like, skinny pants that are still work appropriate. so not quite as skinny as my jeans. i thought navy too. is that too much with the sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'd have to try it on to know for sure, but that it's a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks good with the khaki pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've thought about it some more and decided gray pants would be best, and also nice and different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gray pants with orange shirt? I'm not so sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely. I am definitely sure about it. Trust me.
    Look at the evidence to back me up:
    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/outfit.do?cid=46642&oid=OUT21158 (so this woman's shirt isn't entirely orange, but the part touching the gray pants is)

    And this is not an especially pretty outfit, but that's not the gray skirt's fault: http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalog/outfit.jsp?ensembleId=5225&pCategoryId=3359&categoryId=246&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_246&loc=TN&N=1200004

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the shirt would be really pretty with brown pants. But then you wouldn't be able to wear it with the sweater. But you could wear the sweater with a white shirt (maybe a white t-shirt with a little bit of a satin or sequin neckline) and navy pants.

    ReplyDelete