Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goats & Cow Patties & Sheep Dogs, Oh My!

About a week before Christmas, I got to go see my friends from home, the Jobs - the Jobs and their whoooole family! Mrs. Job's parents (yes, I still call her Mrs. Job) own a ranch out in Burnet and they asked me to come take family portraits while the whole crowd was assembled for Christmas.

These are the Jobs:
Well - kind of. Sam & Brenda Job and Jennifer (Job) & Josh Seale. You get the idea.

And this is the whole crowd:


Right? Biggest group I've ever photographed at once. It's surprisingly difficult to get everyone's faces unblocked and eyes unblinking and kids not crying. Especially when there are baby goats that Cal would rather be playing with and sheep dogs sniffing the photographer who is trying not to step in a cow patty.

It was quite the learning experience!

We started down at the barn where we got a shot of the whole group, and each family individually. I believe this one of Jen's grandparents is my favorite from that group:


The youngest, Cal was not really up for pictures.


There is way too much playing to be done on a ranch to be stopping for pictures!



The other kids were cold, but they were troopers!



Some of my favorites were out in the grass. I like the color here.


I also like this set. We've got the grandparents first with their own kids, then their grandkids and then their great grandkids.


So sweet! They should frame all three together.

And they're about to add one more great granddaughter! Jen's going to have a baby here shortly!
We can't wait to meet her!

Thanks for letting me come out guys!

*If you'd like to book a portrait session for your family, email me at jenni@jennirobertsphotography.com.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad it's unacceptable for yards, because tall grass is always so pretty in the sunlight. And the wind, though obviously that doesn't make much difference in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I always like the grass on the side of mopac in the sunset. it gets all gold and silky looking. it's not silky. but it looks that way.

    ReplyDelete