Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Wild Hair

I've been thinking about it for two days. I've been planning it out in my head, and now my plan is completely scattered over every surface in my kitchen.

My pantry is just not working anymore. It has to be rearranged. And there is simply no way to do that except for removing everything. Like - I mean EVERYTHING.





Oh dear, it looks like my fire exit is partially blocked. And seeing as how I may start burning all of this junk that I can't possibly have a use for, I'm going to have to rectify that situation.

I will say this, though: that is one hardworking little pantry! I had no idea it could store this much stuff!! I have three boxes each of cornmeal and hershey's cocoa, and two each of Splenda (which I use once a year for my dad at Thanksgiving), Ritz crackers and pink sprinkles. A truly gifted cook could take all this excess and make something delicious with it. Let's see...cornmeal and pink sprinkles...what can be done with that...?

5 comments:

  1. Daddy always tried to convince me that cornbread tasted like cake. He would have been more successful if he'd put pink sprinkles on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornbread DOES taste like cake when it is cooked as good as your Momma cooks it !
    ... and mine ain't too shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... but I don't use Splenda for anything ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put it in the broccoli salad on thanksgiving so you can eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then Definately DO NOT throw the Splenda out because I want more broccoli salad.

    ReplyDelete