Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Belated Post

Sadly, Birthday Month is over. But before I let go, a few thank you's need to go out.

First of all, to my sweetie (SugarButt, if you will. Wink to my Sunday School girls) Since I was finishing up DNow on my actual birthday, we didn't make any plans to meet anyone for dinner or have people over or anything. All this translates to Jenni's girlfriends and/or momma are not here to make a cake and light the candles. But he totally rocked out on making my actual birthday day really special. He grilled me a burger (my favorite food that he makes) and bought me a special little cake from HEB. And he laughed at me when I "called" the chocolate covered strawberry on top. Apparently that was always reserved for the birthday girl.



I ate half the cake. Yeah I did.


And then I ate some more cake! My family was here the last weekend in February for my bday and a trip to the theater. (We saw Wicked on Sunday! So good)

Mom and Brandi made a candy bar cake. Yum!




Momma also made a ton of other food: chicken and dumplings, fried okra, fruit salad, grilled corn on the cob (I think Michael actually did that.) I was verrrry full.


And daddy picked out a tiara for me to wear. Cuz birthday hats are so last year. Daddy likes to keep up with trends.



You like my special birthday outfit that I wore? Pretty sure I've had that shirt since BEFORE I went to Baylor.

Logan came to, but he eluded my camera all weekend apparently. BUT he bought me the new Randy Rogers Band CD. I almost haven't listened to anything else since.

Soooo, now you will quit hearing about my birthday. For the next 11 months anyway.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to make a point of pointing out how deftly I was chopping that candy bar. Please revise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you need to point out that lopsided birthday cakes show character.

    ReplyDelete