Saturday, March 26, 2011

That's a Good-Lookin' Truck, Mister

Well, if you were hoping to get your hands on a broke-down but good-lookin' 2001 Dodge Ram, it's too late.

We sold Truck this morning.

Deep breath. Moment of silence.

Stanley bought 'im. And took 'im away. Stanley seemed nice. He seemed excited when he saw Truck, so I think he knew he was getting something special. That's all I can ask.

So we made the appointment with Stanley yesterday. He would be here in the morning to take my baby away. (and leave a little cash behind in his place) I didn't break down, but I did make Michael go and sit in the cab with me for about an hour.

We should've sat on the tailgate for a little while, too. Dangit! I wonder if Stanley would let us come out and sit on the tailgate. I'll give him a call here in a minute.

So, since Truck's A/C doesn't work we rolled down the windows and sat there and it was great. Michael's so tolerant of his crazy wife. He even said he'd miss Truck, too. (I have known Truck longer than I've known Michael. I mean - c'mon! This is a long term relationship ending here.)

But it was time.

But I still miss him.



Sure was a good Truck.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. I think a moment of silence is appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one fine truck but in the words of a much younger than now little brother "I hate them ram heads !"

    Glad you got it sold, now if Logan will just sell his (wishful thinking)... I might even go sit on the tailgate before it leaves my front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get enough money out of the sell to come to France with me???

    ReplyDelete