Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter Portraits!

I had one upset little girl on my hands this Saturday!

Mata's momma just wanted some pictures of her with her two cousins - all two-year olds! Mata was NOT having it. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and clinging to Momma for the first twenty minutes or so.

So we took some photos of her cousins who were troopers even though the weather was hot and I know they must've been really sweaty under those pretty Easter clothes!



The sweet little spot we picked for their portraits was in downtown Georgetown. I hope I get to shoot here again! It had the sweetest pink roses all down one side of the building. We took a minute to smell them:


Cousin Abbey was apparently not worried by the camera. Looks to me like this isn't her first rodeo...errr...Easter egg hunt?
BTW - don't you just love Easter dresses? Mine definitely needs more flowers on it!

Anna's mom was worried about the wind blowing her nice, curled hair around, but I think she looks gorgeous rockin' the windswept look:


Her brother's faux-hawk didn't move an inch the whole time!


So after a few minutes to check things out and some hugs from her older sister:


...Mata was ready to at least sit still in front of the camera. We didn't get any smiles, but luckily, she's got gorgeous big eyes that look really sweet when they're all shiny from tears. (Who knew I was so scary?!)
And we didn't even mention her gorgeous full lips and long, black lashes!

One of the dads made a run for some gatorade while the girls changed out of their dresses. But I couldn't stop shooting (especially since the cool drinks perked the kids up quite a bit!)




Don't they just look like summer? They make me want to go to the lake!

I'll be in town the Saturday before Easter, so if you've got cousins in town let's get together and capture YOUR memories! Email me at jenni@jennirobertsphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. You are right about those big, beautiful eyes. Three two-year-olds in one family! And all of them as pretty as can be. Easter is going to be fun at their house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even pick a favorite here. I mean, who can resist Easter dresses and roses? On the other hand ... that picture of Cousin Abbey in her sunglasses is awfully cute.

    ReplyDelete