Sunday, July 1, 2012

First Comes Love....

...then come engagement portraits!

Monica and Dustin are getting married next spring & wanted some portraits with which to announce that happy news! 

And when you want portraits, who ya gonna call? 

Jenni. That's who!

Okay, so the jingle is a work in progress. (I just took a four hour Sunday nap - I don't normally take naps that long. I'm feeling a little sluggish and silly.) 

So to avoid any more of my nerdiness, let's just take a look at some photos of the happy couple!! 

Our first stop was at the wedding venue they've picked out. It's so cute - down by the Salt Lick. It's called Creekside.


Got some nice shots down by the...well, by the creekside.


After that, we headed down to South Congress, with a pit stop at the Austin post card mural on S. 1st. 

I really love that one from the side. 

And this one over in front of that building:

Okay, NOW to SoCo!

I always try to take a few shots that are really more about the groom than the bride. I mean, the wedding tends to be all about the bride, but I suspect that she probably wants a few shots of her man, true?! Of course, true! 

South Congress is so full of great color that sometimes it's hard for me to want to make any of the photos black and white. But then I think it can really bring the focus to the couple instead of their surroundings. I like it.
 
But I do like the color in this shot: 

And of course, on South Congress, you get stuff like this:

Sidewalk artist painting a mural for a cause. I can't remember what the cause was. Artist, if you happen upon this blog, feel free to leave your cause in the comments!! We really appreciated you cool backdrop!!

Only in...

Can't wait for the wedding! Congratulations, Monica & Dustin!


To book your engagement session, contact me at jenni@jennirobertsphotography.com.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the one in front the Austin mural! It looks like a postcard. Also, I like polkadots.

    ReplyDelete