Wednesday, July 6, 2011

R&R

So the idea of our Sunday School retreat this weekend was to relax and fellowship - so I did just that. I have very few pictures from the weekend because every time I thought about taking some pictures, my camera was downstairs and I was comfy on the couch or something. So these are the few shots that I brought home.

Just like most of Texas, there was a burn ban on in the area we were at. But we wanted to make some s'mores. We tried it over the grill, but - s'mores grilling tip - we should've taken the grill grate off so we could stick the mallows down closer to the flames. Some people gave up and used the microwave. Un-American is what that is.

We did a lot of swimming. This picture might lead you to believe that Hudson likes swimming. It's lies. Don't believe him. He only liked that floaty when it was not in the water.

He does, however, like his momma's singin' and dancin'.

And Susan. He likes Susan, too.

I like these shots I took of Michael practicing the songs he sang for our "church service" on Sunday morning. (I was in PJs. I wish I could always wear PJs to church!)

And finally, the one and only shot of me from this weekend was taken by Dani:
I think she really is showing an aptitude for photography. And bein' mean. She waited for me to come out of the bathroom and then screamed and took my picture. Mean.

Other than Dani bein' mean, it was a great weekend! Thanks so much to Meagan and Travis for arranging it for us, and to Travis' grandparents for opening up their lakehouse to us!

4 comments:

  1. LOVED this post and the weekend retreat! I might piggyback on your blog too, so beware... Don't worry, I always give you props....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored that you posted the picture I took, I think you may have some competition on your hands. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. S'mores. It's midnight and I have four hours to go in my shift. S'mores sound reallllly good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We wore a swimsuits to church for our Mo-Ranch JHJ Leadership Sunday Worship Service. It was IN the river. Really cool though!

    ReplyDelete