Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roomie Visit!

So my college roommates, Kate and Carmen, came to visit me this weekend! We had big plans to make no plans. We all wanted to decompress and just relax...so we headed out to Fredericksburg. Even though it's a little bit of a drive, it is super relaxing once you get out there.
Well, and after you finally score a parking spot. We actually got a really good one.

So we headed out around lunchtime on Saturday (after sleeping in as long as we could stand it.) Carmen was a little selfish and called shotgun, so Kate was stuck in the backseat:
As you can see, she was a little sad, but she perked right up once we made it to our lunch spot, Rather Sweet Bakery. She found the menu quite exciting!


Carmen was there, too. It looks like they're in the same seat, but they're totally not.

We fueled up (on BLTs!) and then headed out to do a little shopping. We saw tons of stuff we liked, but only bought a couple of things. I include this picture, mainly as an example of that:
 See the purse that Kate is kind of sitting in? That's what I bought and I love it! At first I thought that maybe I would try to find someone who might actually need another bag and have a birthday coming up. But not now. I'm keepin' it. You can't have it!

While we were shopping, Kate found several hats that she was interested in:
Personally I like the one with the feathers the best.

Carmen found something to wear on her next date with Matt:
The picture is a little blurry because who can help dancing in a tutu?

I'm a redhead:
So I took a picture in front of red's sign.

Inside Carmen found a sofa that she really got excited about!
To be fair, it was really pretty and really comfy all the same time. (That, by the way, is not a fake face that she's making. It's genuine delight.)


Our last stop was a winery just outside town that Kate had been to before. She was really glad to get to go back, I think.
She looks excited, huh? I think she really liked that wine.



It was really pretty and the grass was nice and thick and the view was really pretty. And it was a balmy 98 degrees that day, so...nice & cool.

Okay - so, surprise! Kate, wasn't really there. I know - shocking! It was supposed to be all three of us this weekend, but she totally stood us up. And this is what happens when you stand us up! We try ridiculous hats on a picture of you and you aren't there to do anything about it!

All that to stay, we missed you, Kate!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, I obviously had so much fun! I so wish I could have been there! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! I definitely would choose the feather hat and I like the purse you bought! And Carmen should have totally bought that skirt and the couch! Miss you guys! I used way too many exclamation marks in this comment!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? She wasn't there!?! What a surprise! It looks so *real*! I never would have guessed. And she was having so much *fun*!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't really kate?!

    ReplyDelete