Sunday, September 11, 2011

Progress!

Okay! I've worked for three days on all my different projects and this is what I've come up with so far:

Turquoise paint for the wrought iron wall art:
Done! I'm very pleased with it.

Recovering the lamp shade with the yellow fabric:
Done! Love this, too, as you can tell by the dumb smile on my face. I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out and I can't wait to see it hanging in my office!

Recovering seats and painting office chairs black:
Half done! The seats are recovered and the chair is sanded down, but I haven't started painting either one.

This is because of the dang swing.

The dang swing is all sanded and painted quite beautifully. I followed the instructions to attach the arms and that worked. Then the very last step was to attach the back and that is where we went wrong. Well, not "we" so much as whoever was responsible for drilling the holes in the right places. That's where that person went wrong. So now I have a call to make to my porch swing supplier. I'll let you know how that goes.

Oh yeah! I took a short break from all my project-ing yesterday to shoot a wedding! It'll be a little while before I get those pictures up, but I do want to say congratulations to Mark and Diane! The wedding was beautiful and y'all are such a sweet couple! Thanks for letting me part of your day!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been a busy girl. It's all lovely. Every single thing. I can't wait to see your office too. And the guest bedroom gets prettier every time we come. Too bad about that dang swing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very impressive progress! What a lot of things to get done! But how come you didn't just drill the right holes in the swing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have the turquoise iron wall mount!!!!My house needs that final touch!
    stephanie.pizano@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete