Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Letterpress Post!

Michael says I look at random stuff on the Internet. One of the things that makes him say that are all the letterpress prints to be found on etsy.com. I love 'em! And I want you to love them, too, so I waded through more than 100 pages of listings today to bring you the best ones. You're welcome.

I'm going to do my best to list the store names that go with the prints. If it's a collage, then assume they are listed clockwise from the top left. (to go straight to any of the shops, go to www.etsy.com/ and then type the name of the shop.)

Okay, so the most common listings are those with lovey sayings on them:
(from twopaperdollsshop, nickagin, nickagin, durnalldesigns, rollandtumblepress, and thebigharumph)

Baby decor is also popular, and most of what you find is unique stuff that's not too precious.
(from sycamorestreetpress, thebigharumph, and 1canoe2)

I especially love the quote in the biggest picture here. It's from Winnie the Pooh.(plus a little addition from the artist.)
(from rawartletterpress, handz, and goldteethbrooklyn)

I would totally buy this one if it was colors that would go anywhere in my house:
(from bittersugar) Maybe it would look good in my office eventually.

Lots of random object prints like that one to be found.

(both from thebigharumph)

I love these framed ones:
(all from jigsawgraphics)

Some are super-Southern:
(from YeeHaw)


(both from YeeHaw) I believe these last two are actual posters advertising this festival. There are a lot of those kinds of things on there, too.

(from NashArt) Love It.

Some are British...
(from ClerkInkWell, RubVictoria, TakeTheProverbial and JacksonCreekPress) I think the bottom right image is a "you made your bed..." kind of quote. Anybody know for sure?

...and otherwise European:
(from sycamorestreetpress)

Letterpressers like to make images with quotes from famous authors.
(all from TagTeamTompkins)

(from LetteraryPress) I like it when they do that.

These are cute:
(from AllisonCornu)

(both from ColorBoxDesign)

(from BUUPP)

(from YeeHaw)

(from HoneycombPrintShop)

These are sweet:
(from HappyDeliveries)

(from 1canoe2)

And these make me laugh:
(from TwoPaperdollsShop)

(from DearColleen)

And these make me go, "Now, what now?"
(from YeeHaw)

What's awesome about these is that they look all trendy and expensive when you frame them (most don't come with a frame) but they average about $20 a print.

I have now spent entirely too much time writing this post. Hope you liked it! Now go spend all your money on etsy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear me. I've been scouring Etsy this morning for prints to put in our nursery. I need $1000 and probably a lot more wall space for some fabulous prints. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you should get the camera one for your office. And I want the typewriter one for my office. Then I want an office. Too bad it's a year until my next birthday ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always Christmas ...

    ReplyDelete