Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Sweet Shower

What a sweet baby shower we had this afternoon! Our friends Jessica and Todd are expecting a baby in about 7 weeks, and today we got together with a few of her friends and relatives to shower her with gifts and prayer.

We had the shower at:
It's a really good place for a shower. It barely costs anything and takes hardly any decorating to make it pretty.

Of course, we're not going to NOT decorate! We added a few sweet details to the already pretty room.



The cake from Sweetish Hill Bakery on 6th Street was delicious! And they did such a great job of making it match the invitations we found on etsy!



Jess's sister, Lee, planned some cute games that had everyone laughing and talking. The one I got the most photos of was guessing baby food flavors. We passed out spoons for people to taste them, but most of us could not get past the smells! I can't believe babies eat this stuff!





Also fun, was seeing what everyone thinks the baby will be! Jessica and Todd aren't finding out if it's a boy or a girl, so they're having everyone guess the sex.
(I guessed a boy at 8 lbs. 2 oz. - But now I'm having my doubts now, because I don't think I've ever guessed one right.)

Of course, the whole idea of a shower is to get the new momma set up with all the things she needs.




We had guests write little blessings for the Alguires on these "tweet" little birdies. (Yes, I'm that corny!)



And we wrapped it all up with a really sweet prayer time for Jess. It was the perfect ending! Now Jess has a lot of what she needs to welcome Baby Alguire! Can't wait to see if it's a Ben or a Grace!

5 comments:

  1. I guessed a boy 8lbs 2 oz too!! Great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to them! We met them a few times with church and at Carisa's home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. La Madeleine's. Yum. That is a good place for a shower. And all the decorations turned out so cute! Especially the little birds. Is she going to use them somewhere in the nursery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was considering using them as her mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Yes, I'm glad I left before the baby food game ;-)

    ReplyDelete