Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Did I Ever Show You This?

I know you saw the nightstand from this post: http://jifferdoodle.blogspot.com/2010/09/look-what-i-can-do.html. But I don't think I ever went back and showed you the rest of the progress I made on the room.

This is what our guest room looks like right now:


I saw those LOVE pillow covers at RED in Fredericksburg last summer and I wanted them sooo bad! But they were a little on the pricey side so I hemmed and hawed too long and by the time I made up my mind that they worth it, every one else had decided the same thing and they were gone. So I cried.

But then! My favoritest sister that I've ever had tracked them down all the way to the UK and ordered them for me for Christmas! It was such a good surprise and I'm so glad she did it because I think they look great and really kind of make the room.

Also, I decided with this room that I would try to break out of my normal habit of using solids. On, like, everything. I'm a little bit ascared of patterns but I love them whenever I see them in magazines, so I decided to go for it, but in kind-of a weenie dog kind of way. I used all the patterns I could fit into one set of bedding, but I did it all in beige so that it wasn't too scary.


I like how it turned out.

Now the walls in the room were beige and, if you remember from my bathroom redo, painting takes me a long time. So I wasn't willing to start that again with this room.

So beige walls and beige bedding needs a little color somewhere. I took a little inspiration from a Scentsy plug-in thingy I received as a gift, and decided that turquoise would be my accent color. It's pretty easy to find things in turquoise and I really like how it looks with the beige stuff. Stands out real good.

Here's an example:
See?

I have a few more things to do in here. I bought one of those wrought iron decorative thingies to go above the bed, but I want to paint it turquoise before I put it up, so that's not done yet. And we need some curtains. And a full length mirror somewhere. But it's pretty comfy for guests now, so come see us!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your sister must be really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite a beautiful, peaceful room. And I like the patterns -- they look just like they always do in the catalogs.

    ReplyDelete